Jantzi-Sustainalytics is a leading global provider of environmental, social and governance (ESG) research and analysis. We serve some of the world’s largest asset owners, asset managers and private companies. Our international reputation is underpinned by nearly 20 years of experience in the Responsible Investment (RI) and Socially Responsible Investment (SRI) markets. The diverse knowledge and expertise of our international team of sustainability analysts and consultants allow Jantzi-Sustainalytics to provide superior products, supported by customized advice and support services, to our clients. Internationally, the firm operates as Sustainalytics and has headquarters in Amsterdam, The Netherlands and local offices in Toronto, Boston, Frankfurt and Madrid. For more information, please see our website at www.sustainalytics.com.
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Temporary (six months), with the possibility of extension
Pay Type: Contract
Reports to: Manager, Compliance Research
Start date: Immediately
To conduct research on controversial business practices for U.S. and global Responsible Investment markets.
· Research, analyze and report on companies’ involvement in controversial business practices
· Research, analyze and report on companies’ performance in other ESG areas
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
· Undergraduate degree in related discipline (environmental or social sciences or business)
· Work experience in related field(s)
· Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of corporate social responsibility, sustainability, and/or responsible investing
· Strong research and analytical skills
· Excellent business writing skills
· Meticulousness and attentiveness to detail
· Flexibility and adaptability
Salary is in the range of $30,000-$34,999 per annum pro-rated.
Please send a cover letter, resume and writing sample of not more than five pages to email@example.com, Subject: Application for Contract Junior Analyst Position – [Name]. All applications will be treated with the highest level of discretion. Applications will be accepted until 5:00pm on Monday, April 19, 2010.
Jantzi-Sustainalytics thanks all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Jantzi-Sustainalytics values a diverse workforce and encourages applications from qualified women, aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities.
Manager, Research Products
Tel: 416-861-0403 ext. 36
215 Spadina Ave., Suite 300
Toronto, Ontario M5T 2C7
Details are also available on our website: