Call for Papers: Babson College - Global Accounting and Organizational Change Research Conference 2010
Babson College has issued a call for papers for its upcoming Global Accounting and Organizational Change Conference.
The theme of this year's conference is "Accounting's role in promoting social change." Empirical and review papers are sought from a variety of theoretical and methodological perspectives.
Manuscripts are welcome from any emerging and developed economies both in the public and private sectors on the following areas:
- Role of accounting in social entrepreneurship
- Accounting and economic development
- Accounting as a force for social change
- Accounting and accountability in social ventures
- Financial innovation, sub-prime mortgage, and the change in financial regulation
- Governance, accounting, and performance measures adopted by nonprofit organizations
- Management control systems change
- Performance management and the Balanced Scorecard
- Changes in social and environmental accounting, sustainability, and performance reporting; reporting for a sustainable global society
- Accounting change in transitional and developing economies
- Professional ethics, risk, and ethical management
- Public sector reform and accounting change
- Corporate failure and auditing change
- International donor agencies, development economics, and accounting change
- Change in accounting education
- Changing metrics, reporting, and executive compensation to create long-term value
These themes are only indicative. Papers outside of these themes with relevance to understanding the role of management control systems in organizational (and social) change are welcome.
Papers accepted for concurrent sessions also can be designated as submissions to a special issue of the Journal of Accounting & Organizational Change.
If you have questions please contact Professor Jan Bell, Weiner Family Term Chair, Babson College, Accounting & Law Division, by phone at 781-239-4484 or by e-mail at email@example.com, and Professor Zahirul Hoque, School of Accounting, La Trobe University, Victoria 3086, Australia, at + 613 9479 3433 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paper review process:
Only full papers will be considered for refereeing. All manuscripts submitted will normally be considered only for conference, subject to a detailed blind review by at least two reviewers. In the interests of a fair review, authors should avoid the use of anything that would make their identity obvious. When submitting manuscripts, please do not include authors' names and affiliations on the title page.