Position Title: Watershed Planning Project Manager
Location of Job: Downsview, Canada
Salary: Range: $64,121 to $71,686 per annum
Application Deadline: 9/25/2008
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
Coordinate and direct the preparation of watershed plans and sustainable neighbourhood retrofit plans by working with internal and external technical staff to ensure that the interests of the Authority, its municipal partners and other stakeholders, including the community, are met.
EXAMPLE OF TASKS:
Perform the following under direct supervision:
- Design appropriate approaches for the development of watershed plans and sustainable neighbourhood retrofit plans, based on an understanding of each watershed's key issues, Authority and stakeholder interests, and information gaps, in cooperation with the watershed specialist.
- Provide project management, including project design and work plan development, budget preparation, and cost control.
- Coordinate and integrate the workplans, findings and recommendations of Authority technical staff responsible for overseeing the required technical work components, and seek input from other Authority staff and consultants as appropriate.
- Coordinate workplans to address input from multi-stakeholder committees, such as the Etobicoke - Mimico Coalition or Rouge Park Alliance, and public consultation processes with guidance from the watershed specialist.
- Maintain state-of-the-art knowledge in watershed / subwatershed planning approaches.
- Prepare reports and communications and give presentations and tours to senior staff and Authority Boards, interest groups, other agencies and the public.
- Prepare and coordinate proposals for partnership agreements and non-traditional sources of funding to assist in achieving mutual objectives.
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships and client relations with municipal, provincial, and federal government staff, other agencies / groups, consultants, academics and the general public.
- Assist in hiring, supervising, and directing staff and consultants in undertaking special studies in support of the preparation of watershed / subwatershed plans or Authority policy, or to assist in the resolution of water management issues.
- Represent the Authority's interests as a member of inter-agency committees, at meetings, in the review of external agency documents, etc.
- Undertake other related tasks.
- Post secondary education in environmental studies, geography, natural sciences, water resources or civil engineering, planning, or a related field;
- 5 years' work experience related to major job tasks;
- Knowledge of watershed ecosystems, environmental and planning legislation, land use planning and urban development processes;
- Experience working in an interdisciplinary context and with various stakeholders;
- Excellent verbal / written communication, analytical, and organizational skills.
How to Apply:
FORWARD COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
5 Shoreham Drive
Downsview, ON M3N 1S4
Fax: (416) 661-6898
Deadline: Thursday, September 25, 2008
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We value the expertise and diversity of our people.