Position Title: Education Program Manager
Location of Job: Toronto, ON
Application Deadline: 10/1/2008
TakingITGlobal (TIG) is a non-profit, international youth organization with headquarters in Toronto, Canada. TIG connects youth to find inspiration, access information, get involved, and take action to improve their local and global communities. TakingITGlobal seeks an Education Program Manager to support a variety of projects and initiatives with the aim of enriching and furthering the reach and potential of the TIGed (www.TIGed.org) platform, both online and offline. The ideal candidate will efficiently manage project implementation, including multiple concurrent initiatives.
- Manage the TIGed.org online social network and virtual classroom environment (includes driving new improvements and innovations to the online tools based on user experiences)
- Engage educators in all kinds of educational institutions; assist educators in joining TIGed, collaborating on projects or looking to solve technical issues. Promote TIGed through mail outs, targeted member emails, etc.
- Conduct outreach and partnership development with the aim of liaising between TIGed and partner organizations to implement projects as well as build on existing collaborations. This includes preparation of proposals and coordinating implementation of joint activities.
- Represent TIG and/or TIGed at workshops, conferences, and community events.
- Enrich content on TIGed by adapting, editing and/or adding existing or new content, and draft proposals or documents as required. Edit articles, documents or other written materials according to the specific mandates of the project.
- Coordinate viral marketing through various online networks. Identify target audiences within the TIGed and TIG member database.
- Identify new sources of funding to support program sustainability and growth and contribute to development process (e.g. grant writing and contract management).
- Understanding of and passion for the uses of social media tools for teaching and learning
- Professional teaching experience and knowledge of effective practices in youth engagement
- Undergraduate (and ideally Masters) degree in a related field (i.e. Education, New Media, etc)
- Leadership skills and facilitation experience (in both online and offline settings)
- Excellent writing and editing skills with a focus on providing plain language responses to technical issues (writing sample required)
- Excellent visual, verbal and written communication skills
- International work or volunteer experience is an asset
- Fluency in languages other than English is an asset
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample, as well as information on availability to:
ATTN: Human Resources
NOTE: In your email, please include the title of the position as the Subject. Applicants must be eligible for employment in Canada.
Compensation: $ 30-35,000/year
Job Contact Information:
Jo Anne Tacorda