July 7, 2008 - Mercer’s Responsible investment newsletter: Issue 8 now available online at:
In this Issue:
- ESG ratings of fund managers - a step closer towards the mainstreaming of ESG integration: Mercer discusses the objectives and progress of our integrated ESG manager research process, including how the ratings can be used and results so far.
- Mercer manager research developed to consider environmental, social and governance factors: Mercer has further evolved its manager research process to evaluate the extent to which fund managers pro-actively integrate environmental, social and governance factors (ESG) into their mainstream investment process.
- A firsthand look at investor collaboration - Mercer at the PRI and ICGN annual meetings: Mercer comments on the power of collaboration and the key issues and achievements discussed at each of the PRI and ICGN annual meetings in Seoul.
- How can investors collaborate to improve the pension fund system? An understanding and better management of systematic risk in the financial system is vital for the effective functioning of the global economy.
- Managing reputational risk and alternative investments: Mercer examines the relationship between reputational risk and investment return, for funds considering alternative asset allocations.
- Mercer and IFC to deliver first ‘sustainability rating’ for emerging market investment : For the first time fund managers in emerging markets will be rated based on their capacity to incorporate environmental, social and governance factors (ESG) into their investment decisions as part of a major new research initiative commissioned by the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private sector branch of the World Bank Group.
Access at: www.mercer.com
Jordan Berger - Mercer Investment Consulting