CBERN Website and Communications Copywriter
Job Type: Full-time Contract
Location: Toronto, ON, CANADA;
Company URL: http://www.yorku.ca / www.cbern.ca
Date Posted: March 10, 2011
JOB TITLE: Website and Communications Copywriter
TYPE OF POSITION: Contract – 6 months with a possibility of renewal
HOURS: Monday to Friday from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
SALARY: $42,000 per annum plus benefits
CLOSING DATE FOR POSITION: March 20, 2011
The purpose of the Canadian Business Ethics Research Network (CBERN) (www.cbern.ca) is to mobilize and profile Canada’s rich pool of business ethics expertise. CBERN, based at the Schulich School of Business, York University, creates opportunities for sharing and engaging in business ethics research, broadly construed, across academic disciplines and faculties and draws university researchers into dialogue with leaders and researchers in business, government and the voluntary sector.
The Website and Communications Copywriter works alongside the Research and Outreach Coordinator and Website Coordinator to write, proof read and edit website and other communications copy of relevance to members of CBERN’s cross-sectoral network. The focus of this work is the dissemination of information regarding network activities, resources, and opportunities in the field of business ethics to network participants, research cluster members and members of the CBERN website community.
• Write, proof read and edit website and other communications copy, including copy detailing project updates, research summaries, event reports, news, organizational activities, newsletters and other network updates
• Review existing website copy and revise for clarity and relevance
• Develop copy and coordinate for regular email/promotional communication to targeted clusters/groups
• Assist with the collection and development of special sections of the website: tools, case studies, programmes, other resources
• Draft and coordinate the publishing of CBERN Annual Report and other reports as needed
• Assist with the development of marketing and communications material to promote the network
• Assist with developing and publishing copy for posting to social media outlets, including updating Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and curation social media tools
• Assist with cross promotion of CBERN activity and website content on partner, affiliates and other websites/social media outlets
• Update and edit CBERN directory/database (people, organizations, publications, case studies)
• Assist with other data collection and website updating for special projects/initiatives as required
• Other duties as required
Post secondary degree in Journalism, English, Communications, Marketing or other related programme.
1-2 years of recent related experience in journalism, marketing communications, editing (web or print), copywriting or equivalent.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Familiarity with social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube)
• Some experience with Knowledge Mobilization
• Familiarity with the field of Business Ethics, Corporate Social Responsibility, Responsible Investment, and/or Sustainability an asset
• Ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team and independently to identify and accomplish project(s) objectives
• Self-directed and demonstrated initiative
• Excellent organizational skills, including ability to multitask, set priorities and meet tight deadlines
• High level of accuracy and excellent attention to detail
• Intermediate MS Office Skills
• Experience with web-based content management applications an asset
• Familiarity with HTML an asset
• Experience working with electronic mail (including email campaign managers) and scheduling applications
Application Process Details
Your complete application package must be submitted by Sunday, March 20, 2011 and include a cover letter, résumé, and the names of at least three references.
Please ensure that “CBERN Website and Communications Copywriter” is quoted in e-mail subject lines and all hard copy applications.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Priority consideration is given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents in Canada. York University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Applications should be submitted to
Hilary Martin, Research and Outreach Coordinator
By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail to 381 York Lanes
4700 Keele Street
Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M3J 1P3